+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to Track My Wife’s Sponsorship Application

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

I applied for my wife’s sponsorship in May of this year, and after receiving approval, I was given an application number and a file number. However, the UCI number assigned to her application is exactly the same as mine on my PR card, so it’s not unique to her.

I’m also in the process of applying for citizenship, and the UCI number for my citizenship application is the same as the UCI number for her sponsorship. This has caused issues when I try to track or link her application using the status tracker. I keep getting an error saying the system doesn’t detect her profile.

My wife hasn’t received any unique UCI number or application number. As her unpaid representative, I receive all the emails related to her application, but now I’m confused because I can’t track her application or check the status.

I would appreciate any support or advice on what I should do to resolve this. Thank you!

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Hello everyone,

I applied for my wife’s sponsorship in May of this year, and after receiving approval, I was given an application number and a file number. However, the UCI number assigned to her application is exactly the same as mine on my PR card, so it’s not unique to her.

I’m also in the process of applying for citizenship, and the UCI number for my citizenship application is the same as the UCI number for her sponsorship. This has caused issues when I try to track or link her application using the status tracker. I keep getting an error saying the system doesn’t detect her profile.

My wife hasn’t received any unique UCI number or application number. As her unpaid representative, I receive all the emails related to her application, but now I’m confused because I can’t track her application or check the status.

I would appreciate any support or advice on what I should do to resolve this. Thank you!
When they send the AOR to the sponsor, it has the sponsor's UCI. This is not the UCI assigned to her application, it's the UCI number assigned to you. There are a few ways you can learn what your wife's UCI is. My husband (PA) created a GCKey account to apply for his OWP and found out his UCI that way. Then he was able to link his application to his GCKey.

Last edited:
Reactions: amir1993

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
When they send the AOR to the sponsor, it has the sponsor's UCI. This is not the UCI assigned to her application, it's the UCI number assigned to you. There are a few ways you can learn what your wife's UCI is. My husband (PA) created a GCKey account to apply for his OWP and found out his UCI that way.
Thanks for your help.
After I received her AOR, I applied for her Visitor Visa.
Unfortunately after 2 month, yesterday, it got refused.

Now there is a UCI number for that Visitor visa but even that, I get the following error.
does it ring any bell?

Incorrect or invalid information.

Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.

Thanks for your help

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Thanks for your help.

Now there is a UCI number for that Visitor visa but even that, I get the following error.
does it ring any bell?

Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.

Thanks for your help
Oh, you're referring to the Application Status Tracker. I thought you were talking about GCKey (IRCC Secure Account). The Tracker has not been updating since mid-June so newer applicants can't create an account and those with accounts aren't receiving updates there. IRCC says they're working on fixing it but who knows how long that will take. For now, just use GCKey.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Thanks for your help.

does it ring any bell?

Thanks for your help
When did you receive the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) email, which includes the UCI and Application no. for the sponsor? Normally, it takes a few days after this to link your application on GCKey. Same as what @alex00 mentioned tracker has not been working since mid-June. Your wife's UCI from her visitor visa remains the same across all applications, so it should work for linking.

However, when linking the application, sometimes you need to enter '2' in the number of applicants section. Somehow, the system counts the sponsor as 1. Please try that to see if it works!

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
Oh, you're referring to the Application Status Tracker. I thought you were talking about GCKey (IRCC Secure Account). The Tracker has not been updating since mid-June so newer applicants can't create an account and those with accounts aren't receiving updates there. IRCC says they're working on fixing it but who knows how long that will take. For now, just use GCKey.
Thank you SO SO much for help.
Will try it now.
Since there 2 GCKey, which one you recommend? do you have any link by any chance?

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Thank you SO SO much for help.
Will try it now.
Since there 2 GCKey, which one you recommend? do you have any link by any chance?
There are not 2 GCKeys. Perhaps you mean there are two ways to log in? Either one will lead you to the same IRCC Secure Account system.

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
When did you receive the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) email, which includes the UCI and Application no. for the sponsor? Normally, it takes a few days after this to link your application on GCKey. Same as what @alex00 mentioned tracker has not been working since mid-June. Your wife's UCI from her visitor visa remains the same across all applications, so it should work for linking.

However, when linking the application, sometimes you need to enter '2' in the number of applicants section. Somehow, the system counts the sponsor as 1. Please try that to see if it works!
Thank you SO SO much for your advise.
I'll try it now.
we received her AOR on Jun 19th.

Which GCkey you recommend? would you please share its link?

Thanks a bunch

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
we couldn't find any application with these details :(
I exceeded all 5 times of trying in a day
Oh try again tomorrow. Make sure it is the PA's account you are in, try liking with application no. and family name instead, and try "2" of no, of applicants instead of 1. Good luck! and waiting to hear good news!