+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ukrainian need to translate into English supporting docs???

Tira

Feb 16, 2012
Hey guys, I am planning on inviting my parents from Ukraine to visit me here in Canada for a month. I filled out applications for them and did invitation, all in English. They have a couple of supporting docs in Ukrainian, like employment confirmation, property certificate. Do we need to get the supporting documents translated into English? On the website it says that it needs to be checked with local processing office, local processing office of course does not have anything like this mentioned on their website, of course, they don’t accept any calls whatsoever. So, what do you think? I know you cannot go wrong if you get it translated, but we are not willing to to spend so much time and money to get it translated and notarized….. Plz let me know if you were dealing with Ukrainian office….Thanks

YuliyaD

Feb 15, 2012
I do not believe you have to translate the supporting documents into English. Visa Officer's in Kiev speak Ukrainian. Also, when the interview was a mandatoyr part of the process, applicants would often bring additional documents to the interview in their language Ukrainian (letter of employment, deed for the property in Ukraine). As far as I remember, there was no requirement that all the documents be translated to English and notarized. I believe that Canadian Embassy in Kiev has an email address to which you can send your inquiries.

Hope this helps.