+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK Outland - How to Prove Intention to Move to Canada

JamesT79

Sep 24, 2013
Hi All

Hopefully someone can help as I have seen varying advice in other posts.

I am British and married to a Canadian citizen. We are both living and working in London. We are wanting to move to Canada in around 12 months time and I am unsure as to how we can provide sufficient evidence to prove that my wife, as my sponsor, will be coming to Canada with me.

Looking on the CIC website the processing times are currently estimated as 1 month for sponsorship and up to 10 months for the Permanent Residency from London. We will need to serve notice on our jobs in the UK after getting the approval but my wife won't be able to secure a new job in Canada and know a true return date until we get the PR approval. It's all a bit chicken and egg.

The only evidence I think we will be able to provide is:

- A signed declaration of our intentions to come to Canada together and the reason why we don't have jobs and accommodation already lined up.
- Letters from my wife's family and friends in Vancouver confirming that they know our intentions and that we will be staying with them when we first move.
- A flight ticket for both of us if we can book something flexible that leaves the UK in around a year.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions to help?

Thank you!

James

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Create a picture of lots of little things such as

Declaration of where and when you plan to move
Research into jobs you have done so far - profile on job website
Opening a Canadian bank account
How you intend to transport your goods
Include if you intend to sell your house
How will you transport any pets
How will you tackle enrol long kids in school, etc

A lot is just written sharing of your plans but we had most of the above but also did have a new home agreement with a builder.

Don't worry too much, just show you have thought and talked a lot through. Ok it's not finalised, but you can share your general plans. I think we had like 8 sections over 2 pages that we both signed that had sections on each and on the whole it was general sharing of our plans.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
One last thing, I would not recommend sending the application via FedEx. Serious issues with them from UK to Canada and not just once.