+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK immigration kept photocopy of my PR card--??????

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
Hi PMM,

I got my immigration visa last year in October while i was on study visa in UK. After that there was problem with my uk visa extention but I withdrew my visa application and left UK within 24 hours, the date written on my passport by home office visa officer.

I landed in Canada and got my PR card, then I travelled to my country through UK, at UK airport the immigration officer asked me if I had problem with uk immigration, I said yes but withrew my visa application and left uk.

She granted me 24 hours uk transit visa on the basis of PR card, BUT ALSO KEPT Photocopy of my PR card.

I am wondering why they kept copy of my PR CARD????????

Pls advise
chau

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
Hi experts/pmm

ANY COMMENTS?

I am wondering if UK immigration wants to inform Canadian Govt that I had problem with them, and that might revoke my Canadian PR Card???

any comments

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada will not revoke your PR card unless you lied on your application. My guess is that UK immigration kept a copy to justify why they gave you a 24 hr. transit visa in case you used that visa to disappear in the UK.

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
Leon said:
Canada will not revoke your PR card unless you lied on your application. My guess is that UK immigration kept a copy to justify why they gave you a 24 hr. transit visa in case you used that visa to disappear in the UK.
Thank you Leaon,

i do not think any one who got Canadian PR wuld like to disappear in UK. NO WAY, I lived there for 8 years, not again, had enough.