+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK CITIZEN FORESEES HAVING PROBLEMS WITH POLICE REPORT

DanTanner

Apr 10, 2009
HELLO,

I thought my Canadian Visa was going to be fairly straightforward, I am 28 my girlfriend (a Canadian citizen is 29) She has recently moved back to Canada and I was due to follow. I have a police caution for theft in 2003 - following a disagreement in a student household - I recieved an 80 pound fine in 2005 for breaking a fight up outside a bar - and last year I was questioned for a theft allegation - no charges were applied - I was merely questioned with no further action. I am a restaurant manager by trade and have handled thousands of pounds worth of stock and cash in my career and am of good character. Our Canadian lawyer has said that my case does not look good - AM I GOING TO BE DENIED A VISA - I am of good character and have no convictions - I have one police caution - however all of the previous mentioned three things are on my national identification print out. My girlfriend is sponsoring us and we already have an apartment and she has a job in Vancouver.

Is there a chance I will not be allowed entry and ultimately we are seperated ?

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
the only thing that affects you is something negative and sometimes depending on how bad it might be the visa officer could over look it. In this case I think you'll be fine

Good Luck