+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Residence visa status for express entry profile

Sana.j

Mar 5, 2023
Hi,

I received my ITA, and my UAE residence visa is valid but my profession listed says not employed because I am sponsored by my family and I have been employed since before my visa was issued as stated in my reference letter.
My question is when I submit my travel history, will my UAE residence visa sticker which states not employed pose any issues in my EE applications?

any guidance and suggestions are welcome.

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
I am not a legal expert but If you didn't claim points for it You shouldn't have any issue i guess.

Sana.j

Mar 5, 2023
Hi,
thank you for your reply, I have claimed points for it as I am the main applicant and I am employed. I will be submitting my HR reference letters as well.
The reason it shows as Not Employed on my UAE residence visa is because I had the visa before I was employed and in order to live in UAE you must have a valid UAE residence visa so I chose to get family sponsorship done and after I started working I chose to simply renew my UAE visa instead of changing it to the company visa.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Proof of your employment are:
- reference letter from employer or work colleague
- employment contract
- payslips

Visa has nothing to do with it. After being on a student visa in France I received an RP, you can’t see anything in the passport giving a clue to you that a visa was prolonged by an RP card, so it doesn’t matter.