+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Typo on IMM5409

Raphitay9

Sep 23, 2024
Hey guys,

this is for common law sponsorship

our notary made a mistake on the IMM5409

so the actual dates from where we started living together until now are correct ..

But he accidentally put 2.5 years in instead of 1.5

so it’s just the math that doesn’t add up the actual dates are accurate

how big of a problem is that?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Have you already submitted the application?

Probably won't make a difference, they'll check the dates themselves. Main thing is likely going to be that either way, you are well over the one year minimum.

It would still be a good idea to submit a letter of explanation that there was a misunderstanding and actually etc and reiterate the dates you resided together. This is minor enough I think you can wait until you get the AOR.

Raphitay9

Sep 23, 2024
Appreciate your response!

so this is for inland common law sponsorship as I’m already in Canada.
For the initial application for PR the IMM5409 wasn’t a required form

but we did it as I’m about to apply for the open work permit and it appears to be mandatory for that.

so far I’ve only submitted the IMM5409 via web form to “further support my application”

So you would suggest to just write up a letter of explanation with my work permit application then?
Thanks for your help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
but we did it as I’m about to apply for the open work permit and it appears to be mandatory for that.
So you submitted something that was not required, AND did it wrong?

You have a tendency to overthink, I'm guessing.

So you would suggest to just write up a letter of explanation with my work permit application then?
Thanks for your help!
Don't know. Yes, I'd send a corrected one to IRCC in relation to your spousal app. And when you submit the work permit one, submit the correct one.

Raphitay9

Sep 23, 2024
Hey I’m about to reach out to IRCC and uploading the revised version of the IMM5409
How would you word this to have them disregard the one I sent yesterday?
Thanks in advance