+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to get information about status updates from the Embassy in Senegal??

May 5, 2017
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen who is involved with a group of Liberian refugees who came from Cote d'Ivoire. One of the refugees who is in Canada has recently discovered some family in Cote d'Ivoire (she thought they were long dead) in the last year; back in August 2016 her family began the process of making a privately sponsored refugee application to Canada. The family members are her mother, her sister, and a young son whom she has not seen since 2002.

Because of the tense situation in Cote d'Ivoire and the lack of access to some resources, the family members decided to appoint me as a Representative on their file. Their application was sent to the Canadian Embassy in Senegal back in August 2016. I sent in the Use of a Representative form in December 2016. While I know that it takes a long time for applications to be processed (especially because there have been so many), I have not received any word from the Embassy about the status whatsoever. I have not received any UCIs for the family members, meaning that I cannot get information on the status of the application through the conventional methods or by calling the Embassy. The Embassy's website makes it look like they will not even talk to you if you do not have a UCI and a file number for reference!

Has anyone had any experiences with applications that are processed with the Embassy in Senegal?? Any advice would be appreciated as the family members are very tense about their situation in Cote d'Ivoire and it hurts not to have any answers for them..

Thank you!