+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to find out why my profile is not eligible

kakkun

Dec 15, 2018
Hi guys.

I created a profile to apply for express entry today, but was immediately told I was not eligible.
Could anyone help me figure out why?

Some relevant details:
  • Education: Bachelor's Degree from Japan + Master's Degree from the US
  • Languages: IELTS score of 7.5 - 9. Test taken in Oct. 2018
  • Primary Occupation: UX Research
  • Work History: 3 positions at the same company from oldest to newest. (a) 2.5 years as UX researcher, (b) 1 year as web dev, and (c) UX researcher for 1.5 years (I am still at this position)
  • Funds: $50,000
All of the information I researched beforehand and the surveys on the Canadian Government page indicated that I was eligible. I've also double checked to see that I had not made any mistakes.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me figure out why my profile was ineligible.
Thanks!

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Hi guys.

I created a profile to apply for express entry today, but was immediately told I was not eligible.

Some relevant details:
  • Work History: 3 positions at the same company from oldest to newest. (a) 2.5 years as UX researcher, (b) 1 year as web dev, and (c) UX researcher for 1.5 years (I am still at this position)
All of the information I researched beforehand and the surveys on the Canadian Government page indicated that I was eligible. I've also double checked to see that I had not made any mistakes.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me figure out why my profile was ineligible.
Thanks![/QUthis won't help.. show exactly what u filled and snapshot of screen that came after that

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi guys.

Some relevant details:

Thanks!
Have you done ECA (Education Credential Assessment)? If not then this is the reason. Read this
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed.html

kakkun

Dec 15, 2018
Yep, I got both my degrees assessed by WES back in September. However, now that you mention it, I didn't see any place to enter my reference number. Turns out it never warned me about it, even though the field is required.

I'll update my ECA details and try again. Thanks!

EDIT: Yep, that did it. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Reactions: ishq74