+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to Apply for TRV but do not know if this method is appropriate

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, first and foremost I thank all of you for posting informative answers that has solved my doubts and problems previously. Today I have a question that I can't find answers and I hope all you veterans can shine some light on this issue.

My study permit and visa expires on November 30th and I was told by my school international adviser that I can only submit my extension 3 months before my permit expires. So I listened and submitted my Study Permit extension on September 8th and got it approved on October 3rd.

Sadly my Study Permit mail has not reached me yet so I cannot proceed with the TRV application. This is huge trouble because I need to travel back to my home Country in Malaysia for my own Wedding on December 16th and I have already booked my ticket (and a very expensive ticket at that). I did not expect my Study Permit would take so long to get approved and the mailing time to take so long.

So my question for all you veterans, should I proceed with my TRV online application with my OLD study permit that expires at November 30th and then swap it out with my new one once it arrives?

And if the above is a not an option, what should I do? I MUST go back on December 16th or my wife is going to be furious but if I don't get my TRV in time then I will not be able to enter Canada before I renew my TRV in my home country and I will most likely miss my Winter school session (it takes 20 days to get approved and does not include mailing time, the embassy is in our neighboring country hence it will take much longer).

OR can I apply my TRV through the CIC in my home country while I am still in Canada? So when I get back it is already approved and I just need to send in my passport to get the stamped? Am I allowed to do that?

Your suggestions and answers will be utmost appreciated.