+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV transfer to new Passport and Study Permit as per New Passport

Bavla

Apr 25, 2017
I am a student in Canada and joined my university in september,2016. Since my passport validity is till January,2018, My TRV & Study Permit was issued till then. Now I have to renew my passport to renew my visa in Kuwait because they insist on the validity of passport to be at least one year. My question is... Can my TRV and Study Permit be extended now till the end of my BBA program which is June,2020 and a new TRV stamped on my new passport and Study visa also extended? OR I have to apply for a new TRV? and what about Study permit? I have to apply again for that here in Kuwait or I will be given a new study permit at the airport when I go back? I will be carrying both passports,Old( cancelled) & New. Will I be able to travel back and allowed to enter. Please advice.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Bavla said:
I am a student in Canada and joined my university in september,2016. Since my passport validity is till January,2018, My TRV & Study Permit was issued till then. Now I have to renew my passport to renew my visa in Kuwait because they insist on the validity of passport to be at least one year. My question is... Can my TRV and Study Permit be extended now till the end of my BBA program which is June,2020 and a new TRV stamped on my new passport and Study visa also extended? OR I have to apply for a new TRV? and what about Study permit? I have to apply again for that here in Kuwait or I will be given a new study permit at the airport when I go back? I will be carrying both passports,Old( cancelled) & New. Will I be able to travel back and allowed to enter. Please advice.

If a valid visa inside an expired document is presented at the POE along with a valid passport, the visa is considered valid.

Bavla

Apr 25, 2017
J5M said:
Hi,

If a valid visa inside an expired document is presented at the POE along with a valid passport, the visa is considered valid.
Thanks J5M, but Can I renew/extend my TRV and Study permit now as per the end of my study program which is June,2020 and since my passport will be valid till 2027 BUT from outside Canada in Kuwait. I would prefer to renew it now during my summer break in Kuwait rather then wait till November/December to renew it in Canada?
Secondly, Can I apply for a new TRV which can be valid till the end of my study program,JUne,2020 before applying for a study permit extension in Canada? OR the study permit has to be extended first?
Please advice.
Thanks.