+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV to spousal sponsorship

Oct 23, 2019
Hi, I have a TRV valid and wants to go to canada to get married to my fiance (already a canadian citizen and we have one child together dual citizen (Philippines-Canadian)). I am planning to stay there for good and apply the spousal sponsorship there.

Would I be able to apply immediately for spousal sponsorship after we get the marriage certificate? Is 18 months enough time for us to get married and process the papers or do I need to go back to philippines after I lodge the application?

I also read somewhere thatI can apply open work permit after I lodge the application for spousal sponsorship. Is this possible?

thank you for your answers!

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Yes you can apply for inland spousal sponsorship, once you get your AOR you can apply for work permit. If your AOR takes longer and your visitor visa about to expire you can always apply for extension. But 18 months more than enough.Good luck.

LuckyAngelSweety

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I had applied for outland spousal TRV on 3rd June and after 1 month and 4 days, received the BVL today. Except for the biometrics (status - completed) and Background Check (status - in progress), both eligibility and medical status are mentioned as "Not Started". What does it mean? Will the TRV be approved or is it a sign of rejection?

Atikvhora

Aug 14, 2023
Hi,

I had applied for outland spousal TRV on 3rd June and after 1 month and 4 days, received the BVL today. Except for the biometrics (status - completed) and Background Check (status - in progress), both eligibility and medical status are mentioned as "Not Started". What does it mean? Will the TRV be approved or is it a sign of rejection?

Hi,

Did you get TRV?