+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV rejected - will it cause issues in PR processing?

Oct 13, 2009
My fiance was planning a 2 week trip to US (to meet her sister) & Canada (to meet me, alongwith her sister & brother-in-law). While the US visa was approved, the visa for Canada was rejected by visa office in Delhi. For the Canadian visa application, I was advised against revealing that she's my fiance. I have the following questions

1. I plan to apply for her PR after marriage (under category for spouse). Will the fact that her TRV has been rejected once cause any delays in her PR processing?
2. Given that her PR processing may take time, she'd like to come to Canada on a TRV for a couple of weeks only, while her PR is being processed. Is it advisable to apply for her TRV again once I've applied for her PR? If so, should I apply for her TRV before or after the sponsorship has been approved?

I would sincerely appreciate any advice in this regard or any experience that members of this forum would like to share.

Thanks

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
hello, there will not be a problem for sponsorship, but next time it will be really hard to get a TRV when they know that you are married