+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV rejected (International Grad student's spouse)

adnan15110

Jan 24, 2013
Hi,
My spouse got rejected twice. last one on 6th march. First time(may,12) when we had applied together, i got my study permit but she received rejection at that time the reasons were:
  • Length of proposed stay in canada
  • Your personal assets and financial status
  • I am notsatisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets,to carry out your stated purpose in going to canada or to maintain yourself whilein canada and to effect your departure

Second time(Feb,13), When she applied with more funds, she got following reasons:
  • Length of proposed stay in canada
  • Your personal assets and financial status
  • I am notsatisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets,to carry out your stated purpose in going to canada or to maintain yourself whilein canada and to effect your departure
  • you have not demonstrated that your husband has minimum income of CAD 29,004 per year in Canada whihc is the low income cut off for 2 persons

i am a fullfunded student with (20,000 CAD/year).Last time i showed some additional funding of 8,000 CAD.I was quite surprised that for he last cause, with same amount of fund in a same university one of friend got visa for his wife.But i my case reason was 29,004$ cut off.

So guys, can anyone tell me how to get more detailed explanation of visa rejections.And any suggestion, How may i progress with my spouse's application.I heard about open work permit(for international student's spouse) but could not get that much information about that in CIC site.

any advice from you will be highly appreciated and thanks in advance

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Are u still looking for the option or u have already applied OWP for your wife.

Please let me know as i am also in same situation located in India.

May be together we can sort out something.

Regards
Raj

krish526

Oct 8, 2012
hi guys
same problem here. i have rejected 3 times 1 time with her another 2 time to take part in her convocation. what should i do i dont know bt i should be with her anyway and thinking about open work permit if you have any idea plz share