+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Question while Family Class Sponsorship is being Processed

Sep 12, 2023
Hello guys,

Long time lurker here. We applied for my spouse's family sponsorship (outland) and we're still waiting for the final stages of the application. We really want to be together for New Years and I had some questions in case she ends up visiting on a TRV:

1- What happens if she get the acceptance for her PR while she is in Canada? Will she have to leave and come back?
2- Can she get PR visa and do her landing somehow while being in Canada? Or will she have to go back to our country to get the visa and copr? Anyone who has been in this situation?

We would like to avoid any additional travel costs (flights to our home country are v expensive) so would appreciate your help!

Also would love to know tips for what to add in TRV application so that it gets accepted (do we have to mention dual intent etc?)

Thx

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello guys,

Long time lurker here. We applied for my spouse's family sponsorship (outland) and we're still waiting for the final stages of the application. We really want to be together for New Years and I had some questions in case she ends up visiting on a TRV:

1- What happens if she get the acceptance for her PR while she is in Canada? Will she have to leave and come back?
2- Can she get PR visa and do her landing somehow while being in Canada? Or will she have to go back to our country to get the visa and copr? Anyone who has been in this situation?

We would like to avoid any additional travel costs (flights to our home country are v expensive) so would appreciate your help!

Also would love to know tips for what to add in TRV application so that it gets accepted (do we have to mention dual intent etc?)

Thx
1 - she can do what's called "virtual landing" using the portal.
2 - she can get PR and do her landing in Canada. No need to travel back .

Reactions: yaboyintoronto