+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Processing time from NYC Canada Consulate when appying in person

sush413

Dec 3, 2011
Hi

I am an Indian Citizen currently working on L1 Visa in US. My husband also an Indian citizen is working in Canada on work permit. He recently got his work permit extended and I am planning to apply for TRV based on copy of his extended Work Permit. I wanted to know

- how many days they usually to take to return passport with stamped visa when applying in person.
- Will the officer at NYC Consulate , collecting my documents be able to tell when should I return back to pick my passport. The website says it takes 30 days for TRV but I will not be comfortable leaving my passport at the embassy for 30 days. So in case the visa officer is able to tell when I can come to pick back my passport I will give the documents . However in case he says to wait for an email from consulate then I might not want to leave my passport there as my passport is my only legal proof of identification here in US.
So the concern is that will the visa officer collecting my documents be able to tell me that time itself , the exact time when I wud get my passport back.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
sush413 said:
Hi

I am an Indian Citizen currently working on L1 Visa in US. My husband also an Indian citizen is working in Canada on work permit. He recently got his work permit extended and I am planning to apply for TRV based on copy of his extended Work Permit. I wanted to know

- how many days they usually to take to return passport with stamped visa when applying in person.
- Will the officer at NYC Consulate , collecting my documents be able to tell when should I return back to pick my passport. The website says it takes 30 days for TRV but I will not be comfortable leaving my passport at the embassy for 30 days. So in case the visa officer is able to tell when I can come to pick back my passport I will give the documents . However in case he says to wait for an email from consulate then I might not want to leave my passport there as my passport is my only legal proof of identification here in US.
So the concern is that will the visa officer collecting my documents be able to tell me that time itself , the exact time when I wud get my passport back.
You may get your visa at NYC Consulate same day or next day.
They don't keep your Passport.
When you submit your documents, the visa officer will tell you what to do.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
As per their website their taking a minimum of 30 days to process in person visit visa applications.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/processing-traitement.aspx?view=d