+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV from Outside Canada

farakhan

Oct 8, 2024
Hello,

Can anyone guide me on how to improve my TRV application? I received a refusal last year, and I am applying again for the same purpose (family reunion). My sister has been living in Canada for 17 years, and she hasn't visited us in the past 4 years. Additionally, my nephew hasn’t visited in 8 years, and she is inviting me to visit her for 3 weeks.

I am an unmarried female working full-time in a managerial position and have been with the same organization since 2016. I am a taxpayer and have a stable job, but my application was refused based on the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You have significant family ties in Canada
. • Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.
• You have limited employment possibilities in your country of residence.

Further, I made a mistake last time by not attaching my NTN/Tax Return. Another issue was that my employer did not mention the dates of my leave in the job letter.

Please guide me on how to improve my chances of having my visa application accepted this time. I would be very grateful.

Zee D

Oct 3, 2018
In order to get the visit visa, they usually expect some sort of documentation like property papers, tangible assets with market evaluation, proof of bonding(like family ties with whom you are living in the country of residence), invitation letter, stable bank statement, plan of the time you gonna spend in CA if the visitor visa is granted and the last but not the least the return ticket .

Reactions: farakhan

farakhan

Oct 8, 2024
In order to get the visit visa, they usually expect some sort of documentation like property papers, tangible assets with market evaluation, proof of bonding(like family ties with whom you are living in the country of residence), invitation letter, stable bank statement, plan of the time you gonna spend in CA if the visitor visa is granted and the last but not the least the return ticket .
Thank you for your reply. I previously owned property, but it has been sold. I do have a car worth CAD 20,000, and I live with my mother, who is my dependent. My sister will take care of her in my absence and will provide another invitation letter. I also have a bank statement showing CAD 17,500. My employer has provided a job letter, including confirmation of my 3-week leave. The last point is regarding the return ticket—on what basis should I purchase this?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I previously owned property, but it has been sold. I do have a car worth CAD 20,000, and I live with my mother, who is my dependent. My sister will take care of her in my absence and will provide another invitation letter. I also have a bank statement showing CAD 17,500. My employer has provided a job letter, including confirmation of my 3-week leave. The last point is regarding the return ticket—on what basis should I purchase this?
Your mother isn’t considered a dependent only spouse and unmarried children under 22 are considered dependents. Do not purchase any ticket before you have a stamped TRV. IRCC specifies not to purchase any flights.