+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application for boyfriend

ggdl08

Jun 16, 2017
Were planning to apply for visitor visa for my boyfriend for a month stay here in canada, im not sure if the proof that we will submit is enough and he is from the philippines weve been together for 7 years (4years together 3years ldr)
-letter of invitation stating i would cover his food and house and that we would celebrate his birthday and anniversary
-letter of employment (he works in the government)
-letter of emplyment from my work
-bank statement(with 5000cad on his account)
-sample itinerary
-family ties is written in the form
-he only travelled to malaysia

What else can we add to prove them that he is leaving canada in a month? Which he really is coz of his work in the government. Thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I suggest he shorten his declared visit to 2 weeks. 5000 CAD is not enough to cover a month's stay in the visa officer's eyes, and it is usually seen as too long for a visit.

Both of you should also submit at least the last 4 months of your bank statements. He should also get a bank certificate.

I think he should produce more ties to his government work somehow, like a letter from a superior, etc.

ggdl08

Jun 16, 2017
I suggest he shorten his declared visit to 2 weeks. 5000 CAD is not enough to cover a month's stay in the visa officer's eyes, and it is usually seen as too long for a visit.

Both of you should also submit at least the last 4 months of your bank statements. He should also get a bank certificate.

I think he should produce more ties to his government work somehow, like a letter from a superior, etc.
Thank you for the response. Yes after reading other posts regarding the lenght of visit were changing it to 2weeks instead. He has a bank certificate already i just forgot to put on the list. I dont have money on my savings but instead its in my tax free should i send a copy as well? thank you so much ill ask him to ask a letter from his superior and probably approval of leave ?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for the response. Yes after reading other posts regarding the lenght of visit were changing it to 2weeks instead. He has a bank certificate already i just forgot to put on the list. I dont have money on my savings but instead its in my tax free should i send a copy as well? thank you so much ill ask him to ask a letter from his superior and probably approval of leave ?
You can include your savings, but in the end, the burden of proof is always on the applicant himself.

Since he's in a Philippine government job, I expect the actual salary is low, so I'm worried for him about that. You can try the supervisor's letter + leave approval, but it's not a sure thing.