+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application and Supporting Documents for Imminent Travel

Anshika15

Aug 28, 2023
Hello,

At present, I am engaged in an assignment within Canada. The visa affixed to my passport is valid until October 27, 2023, and the work permit I obtained upon entry is effective until February 18, 2024. Notably, my company has recently initiated proceedings to amend my work permit, resulting in the receipt of an updated work permit that maintains validity until July 16, 2025.

Given that my visa's expiration date is imminent on October 27, 2023, I am actively in the process of submitting an application for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) via the IRCC website. Regrettably, I am currently experiencing a delay in acquiring a reference letter from my company, which is extending beyond my initial expectations. In light of this, I am inquiring about the possibility of providing alternative supporting documentation to accompany my TRV application. Additionally, if I opt for a work permit that is limited to a specific employer, will I be exempt from the requirement to include the company reference letter? This matter is of utmost urgency due to my impending travel plans to India at the conclusion of October. I am deeply concerned about expediting this process to ensure a smooth travel experience.

Thank you for your prompt attention and assistance.