+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV after PGWP

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
Hi,

I've received my PGWP yesterday (after a long wait ;D) and wanted to apply for Temporary Resident Visa. The form I received was 5257E but when I opened the form, it was "Application for Visitor Visa". Also, there are only two options for "Visa requested" - Visitor Visa & Transit.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out.

-Vaishnav

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vaishnavgowni said:
Hi,

I've received my PGWP yesterday (after a long wait ;D) and wanted to apply for Temporary Resident Visa. The form I received was 5257E but when I opened the form, it was "Application for Visitor Visa". Also, there are only two options for "Visa requested" - Visitor Visa & Transit.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out.

-Vaishnav
1. Thats the right form, you are apply for a TRV (Visitor visa) See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=CA#applications

mahanroyan

Nov 8, 2017
Hi,
I have a PGWP and I want to apply for TRV (temporary residence visa) to receive a multiple entry visa for duration of my work permit. the application package that got into after questionnaire process, includes IMM5708E (application to change conditions, extend my stay, or remain in canada as a visitor or temporary resident pemrit holder) which i believe is not the right form
Can you please advise me on how to get to the right form after questionnaire ?
Thank you
Mahan