+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trouble at border and medical

SteveMBCA

Sep 26, 2014
Hi everyone,

Firstly I am new to the forum and this is my first post. However I have used the forum in the past for other wee bits of information on the immigration process.

So me and my wife ( a nurse ) have started the application process for PR via the provincial nominee program and to be fair is running smoothly with no complaints. However we are currently in Canada on a visitor visa while on holiday visiting family. While here in MB Canada we were introduced to a local MP worker who could help us with anything we need during the process. They also informed us that if my wife could get a written job offer we could goto the border for work permits. So my wife had a look around and applied for some jobs with a cover letter explaining our situation. A couple of weeks pass and she got an interview then an offer. So once we received the letter we went and gave the MP worker a visit and she told us to head to the port of entry. Everything was going well but we were refused a work permit due to my wife not having a medical. So we now have her medical booked!

So my question is - How long does it take for results to show on the system so that we can go straight back to the border and apply again?

We were told that the Doctor doing the medical could issue a reference number and letter for us to take to the border to prove she had medical.

All or any help will be very much appreciated!