Tricky Situation (FSW & CEC Met)

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Hi All,

I'm in a tricky situation at the moment and i need your advise or ideas please.

I'm waiting to be nominated from PNP and my Express entry profile shows that i'm met for both FSW and CEC. The tricky situation is that I haven't evaluated my foreign education because i have a Canadian Post Graduate Certificate.

I am qualified for FSW because of the 1 year foreign work experience and the available funds i declared on my profile. How can i avoid be invited for FSW? Change the funds to 0? PNP requires the available funds tho. Should i wait till i'm nominated before i change it?

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
that really makes no big difference , once you have ITA all application are treated the same !

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
KingOfGoodTimes said:
that really makes no big difference , once you have ITA all application are treated the same !
Oh okay. I thought FSW application is treated different from CEC. I heard FSW applicants are asked to print out all their account statement from Canadian financial institution including debts owed. 7

That is what i'm trying to avoid as CEC does not require proof of funds.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yengyeng said:
Oh okay. I thought FSW application is treated different from CEC. I heard FSW applicants are asked to print out all their account statement from Canadian financial institution including debts owed. 7

That is what i'm trying to avoid as CEC does not require proof of funds.
Change funds available to Zero and check if you are deemed ineligible for FSW.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Asivad Anac said:
Hi Asivad

Changing funds to zero alone is not making ineligible for FSW. I selected NO for job offer and then it made me ineligible for FSW. Hope this helps others.

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Asivad Anac said:
Hi Asivad Anac,
Thanks for your response. I once changed the funds available to zero and i was eligible for CEC only. The only reason i included the proof of funds again is because of my PNP application which requires applicants to show proof of funds. If i change the proof of funds on my express entry profile to zero, will it affect my PNP application? Or wait till i get nominated?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yengyeng said:
Hi Asivad Anac,
Thanks for your response. I once changed the funds available to zero and i was eligible for CEC only. The only reason i included the proof of funds again is because of my PNP application which requires applicants to show proof of funds. If i change the proof of funds on my express entry profile to zero, will it affect my PNP application? Or wait till i get nominated?
Your data in the EE profile doesn't have any bearing on the processing of your PNP application.

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Asivad Anac said:
Your data in the EE profile doesn't have any bearing on the processing of your PNP application.
Sounds good. I will make the changes today.

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Hi Asivad Anac,

I changed the funds available to zero and i'm still eligible for FSW :(

I deleted my foreign education as well because its not evaluated. Will that have an impact on anything? I only have my Canadian post graduate details on my express entry profile now

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yengyeng said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

I changed the funds available to zero and i'm still eligible for FSW :(

I deleted my foreign education as well because its not evaluated. Will that have an impact on anything? I only have my Canadian post graduate details on my express entry profile now
If your highest education credential is Canadian post graduate this would have no effect on your CRS score. Did it make you ineligible for FSW?

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Asivad Anac said:
If your highest education credential is Canadian post graduate this would have no effect on your CRS score. Did it make you ineligible for FSW?
You are right. My CRS score didn't change but i'm still eligible for FSW. My only concern is if i get nominated and my points increase. What if i'm nominated under FSW?

Funds available is 0 no ECA for my foreign education. I think i should wait and be nominated first :-X :mad: :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yengyeng said:
You are right. My CRS score didn't change but i'm still eligible for FSW. My only concern is if i get nominated and my points increase. What if i'm nominated under FSW?

Funds available is 0 no ECA for my foreign education. I think i should wait and be nominated first :-X :mad: :(
Don't take any further risks on your profile. If you qualify for both CEC and FSW, you will get an ITA under FSW.

But don't let that worry you because you don't have to show POF if you qualify under CEC regardless of the stream your get your ITA from.

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Asivad Anac said:
Don't take any further risks on your profile. If you qualify for both CEC and FSW, you will get an ITA under FSW.

But don't let that worry you because you don't have to show POF if you qualify under CEC regardless of the stream your get your ITA from.
Hmmm...Okay then. Thank you for your response. Should i add back my foreign education regardless of it it is evaluated or not?

I saw your comment that "You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

I am current working in Canada on my PGWP as self-employed/contractor but that doesn't count as a valid job offer. How does this applies to me?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yengyeng said:
Hmmm...Okay then. Thank you for your response. Should i add back my foreign education regardless of it it is evaluated or not?

Doesn't matter either way. It doesn't make any difference to your application.

I saw your comment that "You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

I am current working in Canada on my PGWP as self-employed/contractor but that doesn't count as a valid job offer. How does this applies to me?

CIC recently revised its POF guidelines. They have included CEC qualified applicants into the POF exempt list. You are included in this as you are eligible for CEC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Thank you so much for your response.