+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tricky Question w.r.t. Canadian Passport Application for Newborn

Darsh39

Dec 30, 2017
I have a question regarding my newborns Canadian passport application.
She was born here in Canada. We we wanted to get her passport done ASAP as we were planning to travel abroad an urgent issue.
When we received the birth certificate there seems to be a misspelling of my (Father's) last name.
Although in the passport application the Baby's last name would match with the mother's last name which is correct on the birth certificate.

Although we have already applied for the correction in birth certificate but it will easily take 6 to 8 weeks to get the whole process done and we cannot want to wait for that long.
Is it possible that I still go ahead with the passport application knowing that on the Canadian passport there is no mention of the parents name. hence as long as the baby's last name matches with the Parent (Mother), it would be processed successfully?

Please advise, we really need to get this done ASAP ..!!
Thank you all in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question regarding my newborns Canadian passport application.
She was born here in Canada. We we wanted to get her passport done ASAP as we were planning to travel abroad an urgent issue.
When we received the birth certificate there seems to be a misspelling of my (Father's) last name.
Although in the passport application the Baby's last name would match with the mother's last name which is correct on the birth certificate.

Although we have already applied for the correction in birth certificate but it will easily take 6 to 8 weeks to get the whole process done and we cannot want to wait for that long.
Is it possible that I still go ahead with the passport application knowing that on the Canadian passport there is no mention of the parents name. hence as long as the baby's last name matches with the Parent (Mother), it would be processed successfully?

Please advise, we really need to get this done ASAP ..!!
Thank you all in advance.
Go to a passport office to speak with a worker.