+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travelling during express entry processing + working remote outside canada with pgwp

northVan

Jan 24, 2023
Hi all, it’s my first post. I mostly just browsing here… TY for all the helpful information.
I just got consultation with an immigration consultant. He said it will not be an issue, but wanted to ask here too, just in case. I mainly have two concerns. I will add the answer I got from immigration consultant for anyone who might have the same concerns that I have.I wanted to ask this to IRCC webform, but heard the processing time would be one month +, so decided to ask here, instead.

1. Working outside of Canada for Canadian company with PGWP visa
I am now travelling outside of Canada but I am still working for Canadian company that I have been worked for over a year with PGWP visa. Of course, my company knows that I am not in Canada. My travel period will be around three month.
If there’s someone who has done this before, could I know if you re-entered to Canada without any issues? I believe I will need ETA and Passport. I checked that ETA has been issued with my PGWP.
  • Immigration consultant said, I will need ETA and passport. He said re-entering is not going to be an issue. I also know some of my friends have done this and re-entered without any issues.
2. PR processing
I got invited to PR last year - express entry. I just submitted my application a few days ago. I am eligible for FSW and CEC. Could my travel affect to my PR process in any negative way?
  • According to the immigration consultant, travelling doesn’t matter. I should provide correct location information when IRCC asks, since COPR will void my PGWP.
This is what I know, would appreciate any advices on it. I got anxious since working remote outside canada seems a bit of grey area.
Ah also, I am wondering should I update my travel history every time I cross the border.