+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling with RTD while PR card is still in process

Alaayemen

Apr 19, 2017
Calgary
Category........
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience with traveling and returning to Canada with a RTD while PR card is still processing?

My husband is a protected person and he recently got his landing interview. We have a trip to Dominican Republic booked for next month and we're not sure if he will get his PR card in time. We booked this trip before we knew about his landing interview. Can he re-enter Canada with his RTD and all other documents that prove his status?

This is frustrating because before his landing interview he was able to travel and re-enter Canada with his RTD normally, and now just because he became a PR he can't use his RTD to re-enter Canada anymore?

Can anyone share their experiences please?

szaib002

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Ummmm, I don't think that once you become PR you can't use your RTD. As long as your RTD is valid you won't have any issues.

May 27, 2018
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience with traveling and returning to Canada with a RTD while PR card is still processing?

My husband is a protected person and he recently got his landing interview. We have a trip to Dominican Republic booked for next month and we're not sure if he will get his PR card in time. We booked this trip before we knew about his landing interview. Can he re-enter Canada with his RTD and all other documents that prove his status?

This is frustrating because before his landing interview he was able to travel and re-enter Canada with his RTD normally, and now just because he became a PR he can't use his RTD to re-enter Canada anymore?

Can anyone share their experiences please?

I’m in the same situation I have my RTD and I have a trip to Ecuador in January 2019.

does your husband need a Dominican Visa on his RTD ? many Countries need visa to enter to that country.