+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to India with in process BOWP Application

Priyanka_bs

Sep 23, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I request your assistance in my current situation.

I am currently on implied status as my BOWP application is in process.

I received my ITA on 17th July under CEC draw and I submitted my PR application on the 19th of Aug as I was on PGWP that was expiring on the 23rd of Aug. I also applied for Bridge Open Work Permit on the 20th of Aug and received a confirmation letter stating the below.

"Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working under the same conditions as your original work permit until or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. You must continue to respect all employer, occupation and location conditions and restrictions listed on your present work permit until a decision is made on your application. This extended period of work is authorized as per paragraph 186(u) of the IRPR (Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations) until a decision is made. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working."

I need to travel to India before December for my wedding and the chances of me getting an approval on either of the application before Dec looks slim as current procession times shows min 5 months. My questions are;
1. If I travel without the approval will there be any implications on my PR application as I have applied from within Canada and I will not be in the country before the decision.
2. Will I be allowed to re-enter Canada? I currently have eTA stamped on my passport which is valid for the next 10 years
3. Will my BOWP application become null/void as I will be leaving the country before a decision is made.
4. Should I inform IRCC about my travel plans and the reason? Will it help to expediate the process?

If you have references to any other threads on this topic, I request you to kindly share it with me. It would be really helpful.
Thank you so much in advance for any assistance and inputs.