+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel outside Canada while PR in progress

JamesJose08

Aug 20, 2024
hello ,

I have an ask related to travel outside Canada while PR application is in progress.

I am on a valid work permit and currently working in Ontario, Canada and ve applied PR under Express entry few months. My current application status is "Decision has been made". I have a short term travel plan outside the country for a work. In case if i get P1 confirmation while i am outside Canada, Would it create any complication to return to Canada or slow down my PR application confirmation.

Appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance !

Thanks,
James

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello ,

I have an ask related to travel outside Canada while PR application is in progress.

I am on a valid work permit and currently working in Ontario, Canada and ve applied PR under Express entry few months. My current application status is "Decision has been made". I have a short term travel plan outside the country for a work. In case if i get P1 confirmation while i am outside Canada, Would it create any complication to return to Canada or slow down my PR application confirmation.

Appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance !

Thanks,
James
How long is short term?

JamesJose08

Aug 20, 2024
Thank you again. Appreciate your response. I am not sure what do you mean by TRV. I have a valid work permit return to Canada.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you again. Appreciate your response. I am not sure what do you mean by TRV. I have a valid work permit return to Canada.
Have you seen the line at the bottom of your work permit that says “this does not authorize re-entry” because if you are not from a visa-exempt country you will need a TRV. If you are eligible for an eTA you probably already have one.

Reactions: armoured

JamesJose08

Aug 20, 2024
Thank you. Yes, I see it in my work permit.

I hold Indian Passport and have work permit in Canada. I also have US B1/B2 visa and I am planning to go US for 3 day business trip and return to Canada.
Do I need to have eTA or TRV ? Appreciate your response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. Yes, I see it in my work permit.

I hold Indian Passport and have work permit in Canada. I also have US B1/B2 visa and I am planning to go US for 3 day business trip and return to Canada.
Do I need to have eTA or TRV ? Appreciate your response.
You need a TRV to enter Canada. A work permit allows you to work in Canada but not enter Canada.