+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history confusion

GottaGo

Jun 7, 2017
Travel history - i have travelled to iran twice in 2016, first trip was for dual purpose ie leisure tourism plus religious tourism while the second trip was for attending a conference (which has a connection to my volunteer work) and i have an attendance certificate for that although it doesn’t have my first name just the middle and last name. Moreover, i wanted to avoid SS and I’ve heard people who have iran in their travel history have a higher chance of falling into SS. Also my iran stamps r in old passport n not in new one.

How to go about this?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Well, if you aren't completely truthful on travel history, you will be banned for five years. There's no "going about this".

Provide a complete travel history, or risk getting banned for five years (and probably denied for much longer in practice, since every application you make will be suspected).

There are many people from Iran who become PRs so I don't see why simply travelling there for normal purposes will cause issues. But your choice is to risk a delay, or risk a five-year ban.

Reactions: ContactFront

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
@GottaGo How was your experience with express entry, I'm from India and I had visited Iran for 4 days for a business trip.

Should I add an LOE explaining the reason behind travel?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
@GottaGo How was your experience with express entry, I'm from India and I had visited Iran for 4 days for a business trip.

Should I add an LOE explaining the reason behind travel?
There's no need to add an LoE.

Iran is a country like any other, simply put it in your travel history. If they have questions they will ask you and you can explain it then.

Reactions: parminder2021