+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel exemption letter

AmirrezaMo

Nov 15, 2021
Hello,

I need your help or taught for a travel exemption letter. I have not seen my parents for the past three years.

According to this page, my parents can travel to Canada if they have a travel exemption letter. I requested four times to get the travel exemption letter and got rejected every time.

See below the reason:
  • You have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
    • The travel restrictions apply to all travel of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, entertainment or recreation.
Just for your information:
My status here is a Work Permit.
My parents have a valid visa.
My parents took two shots of Sinopharm + Booster.

Do you have any idea what I should do?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Thank you, and stay safe.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I need your help or taught for a travel exemption letter. I have not seen my parents for the past three years.

According to this page, my parents can travel to Canada if they have a travel exemption letter. I requested four times to get the travel exemption letter and got rejected every time.

See below the reason:
  • You have not established that your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
    • The travel restrictions apply to all travel of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, entertainment or recreation.
Just for your information:
My status here is a Work Permit.
My parents have a valid visa.
My parents took two shots of Sinopharm + Booster.

Do you have any idea what I should do?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Thank you, and stay safe.
Can they travel to your city direct or do they have to connect via another Canadian city? Authorization letter is no longer required.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They aren’t considered vaccinated by Canada. They will need to quarantine for 14 days on arrival. Currently parents do not need to be vaccinated with the 4 approved vaccines in Canada. This could change. Currently you must be vaccinated to take domestic flights although it is unclear what airlines are doing with transit passengers from abroad.

AmirrezaMo

Nov 15, 2021
My answer is:

You indicated that you are:
  • a foreign national
  • not coming from the United States
  • reuniting with a temporary resident
  • the immediate family member of a temporary resident
:(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I did.
Unsure then. The special authorization application during covid stopped in September 2021 when travel restrictions were eliminated (minus vaccine associated requirements) so there is no special authorization application that people must complete anymore.

stuck2020

Aug 18, 2022
Unsure then. The special authorization application during covid stopped in September 2021 when travel restrictions were eliminated (minus vaccine associated requirements) so there is no special authorization application that people must complete anymore.
hi, is there any travel exemption that include serious long term relationship?i see every exemption except serious relationship :/

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi, is there any travel exemption that include serious long term relationship?i see every exemption except serious relationship :/
The travel exemption process no longer applied. If someone wants to visit you, they either apply for a TRV or eTA.