+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Documents / Requirements to return to CANADA

dn

Aug 11, 2010
Hello,

I am planning to travel in Europe using a Canadian issued travel document. I am currently still under the conventional refugee status, I applied using the PPSD (Protected Person Status Document) to receive the Travel Doc.

my question is what other support Documents/ if any beside the Travel Documents would I need when returning in Canada after my trip.
Is my Travel Documents, along with PPSD sufficent to return in Canad without issues??

Thanks Much,
dn

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
U wouldn't have any problem in returning to Canada with that. However, your problem would be at gaining an European Visa, 'coz many countries may not honor the Canadian Travel Document or the Certificate of Identity (whichever u have).

Besides, before leaving Canada (assuming u have recd a visa from an European state), u might have to intimate CIC about your trip, it's duration & the reasons. They may or may not permit u while being under CR status. Plus, your TD would have a validity; and u must reenter Canada by then, else u might find yourself in dire straits.

Qorax