Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
Hi Guys,

I have a landing appointment soon for my Inland spouse sponsorship PR with Etobicoke office...I have a company travel scheduled for 3 days in USA in less than a month.I was curious does anyone know about applying travel document inside canada with CPC Ottawa or It has to be applied with consulate in USA?.Can I still give canadian address for this or it has to be US address.Thank you very much guys!.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

You have to apply for PR TD from visa office of country you're visiting, so that will be to USA. I believe the only offices you can go in person to for a PR TD are in LA, New York or Washington DC. If you won't be traveling to one of these place, then after getting to the US you'll need to mail your passport, have them process the TD, and mail your passport back to where you're staying. I would budget at least a week or two for this whole process.

PR TD is of course only needed if you're flying back to Canada and don't hold a visa-exempt passport.

If driving across the border, you don't need a TD.

Skykiran

Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
Thanks so much for information Rob !!!!

akumar1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-7-2016
Rob_TO said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

You have to apply for PR TD from visa office of country you're visiting, so that will be to USA. I believe the only offices you can go in person to for a PR TD are in LA, New York or Washington DC. If you won't be traveling to one of these place, then after getting to the US you'll need to mail your passport, have them process the TD, and mail your passport back to where you're staying. I would budget at least a week or two for this whole process.

PR TD is of course only needed if you're flying back to Canada and don't hold a visa-exempt passport.

If driving across the border, you don't need a TD.
Hi Rob,

I read the cic link posted by you in your reply to another member. I see it mentions no where about the need for the PR card or Travel Document if someone is coming back to Canada by road. However, since it has not been written explicitly I would not assume it to be true. Did you say it by making a inferential logic or did you actually been through this personally ever?

I ask this because I would be in the same situation in few weeks from today. I would like to land and start the PR card process but would like to come back and resume my work here in US. At the same time I would like to start interviewing for jobs. And in that case I would be expected to travel well before my PR card come (usually 3 months).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
akumar1 said:
I read the cic link posted by you in your reply to another member. I see it mentions no where about the need for the PR card or Travel Document if someone is coming back to Canada by road. However, since it has not been written explicitly I would not assume it to be true. Did you say it by making a inferential logic or did you actually been through this personally ever?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

Returning by private vehicle

There are other documents you can use to enter the country.