+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transripts from PTU Jalandhar

ramta

Mar 9, 2010
Hi

I am studying BTECH CSE final year at a college affiliated to PTU Jalandhar.
Many universities and colleges in Canada ask for official transcripts.
I would very much appreciate if you could answer my questions:

My degree is not complete (final year), can I just submit transcripts for results I have got so far?
How can I get transcripts? Should I contact PTU or get them from my college?
I am sure some of you might have done this before, any help will be appreciated.

Also, do I need to submit IELTS along with application or can submit IELTS later?

Regards,
Ramta

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
If you do not submit any of the mentioned documents your application might be accepted but would be conditional.

If all your semesters are over and if you got results of all of them and only degree certificate is awaited, get a provisional pass certificate from PTU. But as its in your case, I think it would be conditional or you simply can't apply.

If your result is awaited, I am not sure if you can apply and if you could it would be strictly conditional (this is if you are willing to go for post grad diploma/degree course). If its for a post secondary course (which obviously doesn't make sense in your case) you can apply now with all available documents but embassy will ask for all recent documents ie transcripts of your degree course.

On a side note, when would you be getting final degree or result of your final sem? If you are going for a May 2012 intake or Sept 2012 intake, why are you in such a hurry?

ramta

Mar 9, 2010
I am targeting fall (Oct) 2012 session in University of Tononto. They have started accepting for applications for fall 2012 session.
Thats why I am trying to apply now, so that when I finish my degree in July 2012 I should then be able to join UoT in Oct 2012.

I was thinking that they would start application process in April 2012, but they have already started.

Regards
Ramta

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
I think I remember they do offer conditional letter. Try catching some reputed consultant just for the advice rest of the application process you can do by yourself.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramta said:
I am targeting fall (Oct) 2012 session in University of Tononto. They have started accepting for applications for fall 2012 session.
Thats why I am trying to apply now, so that when I finish my degree in July 2012 I should then be able to join UoT in Oct 2012.

I was thinking that they would start application process in April 2012, but they have already started.

Regards
Ramta

Hi,

April is the deadline to apply. Usually it's complete by Feb/March.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramta said:
Hi

I am studying BTECH CSE final year at a college affiliated to PTU Jalandhar.
Many universities and colleges in Canada ask for official transcripts.
I would very much appreciate if you could answer my questions:

My degree is not complete (final year), can I just submit transcripts for results I have got so far?
How can I get transcripts? Should I contact PTU or get them from my college?
I am sure some of you might have done this before, any help will be appreciated.

Also, do I need to submit IELTS along with application or can submit IELTS later?

Regards,
Ramta

Hi,

1. I do not think if you can apply for Fall 2012. You shall complete your course only by July 2012. April (usually Feb/March) is the deadline to apply for prospective International students. You shall get Transcript only after the declaration of full and final results. To apply you need Transcript and final grades. Transcript is simply a one page format with all year grades/percentage. How is it possible for you to apply without one page Transcript/degree certificate? You can apply for Jan 2013.

2. You shall get Transcript ONLY from the Registrar office, PTU. Your college has NO ROLE to play in the issuance of your transcript.

3. It’s better if you apply with IELTS.