+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transition between PGWP and LMIA

kanaya

Jul 28, 2015
Hello all,

I am currently under Post-Graduate Work Permit, expiring on August 31st.

I would like to keep working for the restaurant I am working. They want to give me a job offer.

The problem is that their business wont be one year old until November, so they cant send a LMIA application now and then it will take 4 to 6 weeks to receive a positive LMIA.

For now, I am planning to get a visitor visa to stay in Canada legally.

I am wondering if there are any way to obtain some kind of work permit with my situation.

As far as I know, I can not extend my current work permit, so I am considering Temporary Foreign Worker Program.

I would like to get some advice about some different options I could look into.

thanks,

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
If you get a study permit, you can work part time (up to 20 hours) during school, and full-time during breaks.

Short of that, there are not a whole lot of options to get work permits. If you qualify for Express Entry, you can potentially do a BOWP.

If you are on a Visitor Visa, do not work. If caught, you can end up deported and barred from Permanent Residence.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
kanaya said:
thank you for your answer.
How do you qualify for BOWP?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Qualifying foreign nationals currently in Canada who meet program eligibility requirements may be considered for a work permit to bridge the gap between the expiry of their current work permit and the final decision on their permanent resident application. They must have submitted an application for permanent residence under one of the following classes:

the federal skilled worker class (FSWC);
the Canadian experience class (CEC);
the federal skilled trades class (FSTC);
the caring for children class or the caring for people with high medical needs class; or
the provincial nominee class (PNC) (with the exclusion of nominees identified by the nominating province or territory as having employment restrictions imposed as conditions of the nomination).