+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit through Uk- Canadian PR

Sharry1111

Oct 21, 2017
Hi All,
I am travelling from Toronto to delhi via UK in November. As I have a friend in leeds, I booked a flight with 12 hrs layover to meet him and explore the city abit.

I am an Indian passport holder and a Canadian Permanent resident since last 3 years. Looking at UK website, it seems like I fall under the exemption as
●I am travelling by air
●Have Canadian pr acquired after 2003

Both the flights are on same calendar date.
Already tried to reach out to UK visa authorities via email, paid 3 something pounds but they can't tell "situation specific enquiry"

I am wondering if anyone actually been in this situation recently and know the answer.

Thanks.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I am travelling from Toronto to delhi via UK in November. As I have a friend in leads, I booked a flight with 12 hrs layover to meet him and explore the city abit.

I am an Indian passport holder and a Canadian Permanent resident since last 3 years. Looking at UK website, it seems like I fall under the exemption as
●I am travelling by air
●Have Canadian pr acquired after 2003

Both the flights are on same calendar date.
Already tried to reach out to UK visa authorities via email, paid 3 something pounds but they can't tell "situation specific enquiry"

I am wondering if anyone actually been in this situation recently and know the answer.

Thanks.
It's Leeds (not "leads"). Did you made the same spelling mistake, such that the UK visa authorities can't tell your "situation specific enquiry"?

Sharry1111

Oct 21, 2017
This is the reply I got if that helps you to answer my question.

Please check through the link Transiting without a visa for more information .
https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/transit/somewhere_else/yes
Also please note that we cannot provide case specific advice or pre-assess an application, but we can provide information and support you through sign posting and website navigation. if you require more specific advice then please speak to a qualified immigration advisor