+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Training in Canada to become a Live-In Caregiver

Alizee

May 20, 2012
I am in Canada as a housekeeper, and would appreciate some advice on how to get training in Canada to qualify for the Live-In Caregiver program. Right now I do not have 6 months of full time studies or 1 year of experience working as a caregiver. I am considering taking some courses - would you be able to give me some recommendations in regards to specific courses I could take in Canada?

As well, would my employment as a domestic housekeeper provide required experience, given that I sometimes take care of my employer's child (normally she goes to a dayhome)?

Thank you.

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
Alizee said:
I am in Canada as a housekeeper, and would appreciate some advice on how to get training in Canada to qualify for the Live-In Caregiver program. Right now I do not have 6 months of full time studies or 1 year of experience working as a caregiver. I am considering taking some courses - would you be able to give me some recommendations in regards to specific courses I could take in Canada?

As well, would my employment as a domestic housekeeper provide required experience, given that I sometimes take care of my employer's child (normally she goes to a dayhome)?

Thank you.
I'm not sure but I'm curious too..what is in your permit?are you allowed to study or to attend any formal course?or if you're allowed to apply for study permit?
taking care of your employer's child is good but suppose to be for at least one year fulltime not occasionally..
or if you want you try to call those helping groups for immigrants at least you can ask for free..