+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trade Certificate equivalency HELP

Greta10

Dec 26, 2022
Hi all
My husband and I are at a loss and wondering if someone can offer advise?
We’re both trade qualified in Australia, myself a hairdresser and husband a mechanic, studied for 3+ years full time for these qualifications but cannot find a way to get them verified for our express entry application, or if it’s even possible? Could someone point us in the right direction of an organisation that will verify these please?
WES have already said they would not verify trade certificates and refunded our money.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all
We’re both trade qualified in Australia, myself a hairdresser and husband a mechanic, studied for 3+ years full time for these qualifications but cannot find a way to get them verified for our express entry application, or if it’s even possible? Could someone point us in the right direction of an organisation that will verify these please?
WES have already said they would not verify trade certificates and refunded our money.
provincial trade body. Assume you have ECA and IELTs.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/skilled-trades.html#provinces

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We have both sat our IELTS and passed but cannot get our ECA, this is what the initial question is regarding, how & where we can get an ECA on an Australian trade certificate in Canada?
You need an ECA to be eligible for Express Entry. If you do not have post-secondary education, then you are not eligible. You need your diploma or degree assessed, not a trade certificate unless taken at a college. Try another ECA organization.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Hi all
I had a certificate IV in Telecommunications Engineering Certified by WES - although, it came back as the equivalent of a secondary school diploma (After 3 years of Trade School doesn't seem right, but that's what it was). I think from memory when I did this (about 1.5 years ago now) - they wouldn't do Cert II or Cert III certificates.