+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa for Parents

tahaa21

Oct 4, 2017
Hii,
I have a PR and will be making my first soft landing in canada on Nov 2018 and will stay for 2 weeks,after returning i will be applying for tourist visa for my family my question is
-Can I apply the visa for parents under tourism as I already have a PR but will not be staying in canada
-will proof of funds around 12K CAD be enough for 2 person?
-will showing the property paper of my parents flat in india be suffice?
-My dad has a job in Kuwait and my mom also stays in kuwait so If I show my fathers employment record + Rentals receipt of accommodation will it be suffice?

any additional documents should I show?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hii,
I have a PR and will be making my first soft landing in canada on Nov 2018 and will stay for 2 weeks,after returning i will be applying for tourist visa for my family my question is
-Can I apply the visa for parents under tourism as I already have a PR but will not be staying in canada
-will proof of funds around 12K CAD be enough for 2 person?
-will showing the property paper of my parents flat in india be suffice?
-My dad has a job in Kuwait and my mom also stays in kuwait so If I show my fathers employment record + Rentals receipt of accommodation will it be suffice?

any additional documents should I show?
Short answer:
Do NOT apply for your parents' TRVs immediately after you land as a PR. It would seem like they are moving with you long-term.

They must wait for a few months and apply after you settle in, find a job, etc

tahaa21

Oct 4, 2017
Short answer:
Do NOT apply for your parents' TRVs immediately after you land as a PR. It would seem like they are moving with you long-term.

They must wait for a few months and apply after you settle in, find a job, etc
i will be applying for their visa after 6 months and i will not be moving to canada for another 1.5years

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
i will be applying for their visa after 6 months and i will not be moving to canada for another 1.5years
It would still seem like they are moving with you. Once you land as PR, you are a PR. The visa officer who will assess your parents' TRV applications would not be aware/may not accept the fact that you intend to return 1.5 years later

tahaa21

Oct 4, 2017
It would still seem like they are moving with you. Once you land as PR, you are a PR. The visa officer who will assess your parents' TRV applications would not be aware/may not accept the fact that you intend to return 1.5 years later
so the likely solution is to wait
that aside,how about the documents stated above will that be suffice?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
that aside,how about the documents stated above will that be suffice?
No, these documents will not establish your dad's employment ties + your parents' immigration status in Kuwait + the property ownership + their financials, etc.

You could post the list when they are ready to apply

Reactions: tahaa21

tahaa21

Oct 4, 2017
No, these documents will not establish your dad's employment ties + your parents' immigration status in Kuwait + the property ownership + their financials, etc.

You could post the list when they are ready to apply
ok i will wait till that time and collect all documents required and then post it for further help