+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TOO MUCH confused... :( pls help

Aami333

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
hi. i have cleared IELTS 7.5 Bands overall, have over 2 years experience in banking sector.

im searching for my options and i found this PG Diploma which i can go for because its the only course within my budget.

now, as im graduate already, i will be eligible for 1 year of this course. i have read it in cic site, that job permit does not extend the period of course taken. which means i would i would only be awarded 1 year permit for job. that makes it total 2 years if every thing goes normal and i pass the course and get job etc.

that would be too less time for application of PR in Canada right?

now my question is, is it possible for me to get admission in Masters in any uni AFTER i finish my PG diploma? would that extend my Study visa there?

like say i complete my PG there and then do 1 year job and some time during that, can i get admission in Masters program? will that extend my Study visa and after studies, Job permit as well? is it possible?

or will i be able to apply for PR and i would get it without any objection for time in Canada?

pls help guys im too confused. i have to finalize this and tell it to my financier next week ??? ??? ???
so worried man, pls help... :'( :'( :'( :'(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can only apply for the Post Graduate Work Permit once. So if you finish a diploma, work for a year on a PGWP, and then take a Masters - then you will not qualify for another PGWP after the Masters. Again, you can only apply for a PGWP once.

Aami333

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
scylla said:
You can only apply for the Post Graduate Work Permit once. So if you finish a diploma, work for a year on a PGWP, and then take a Masters - then you will not qualify for another PGWP after the Masters. Again, you can only apply for a PGWP once.
i didn't know that... and what about PR after 1 year of PGD and 1 year of PGWP, will 2 years be enough for PR application? and if not, will 2 years of PGD or Masters for that matter give me like 3 years of PGWP. that would make it total 5 i guess, will this path have better chance of PR or the 2 years one?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's difficult to answer your question because it depends on the province you are in and if you are able to find a job after you finish your studies. To apply for PR through CEC, you need one full year of work experience after you finish your studies. If you only have a one year PGWP it tends to be pretty difficult to get one full year of work experience. A 2-3 year PGWP is much better. If you complete a Masters in certain provinces (such as Ontario), you can apply for PR after you finish your studies. You'll need to familiarize yourself with Canada's immigration programs to make the best choice.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Some updates for you on Provincial Nominee Programs which will help you make an informed decision.

Saskatchewan: The province is one of the easiest places to get PR. You can even opt for 1 year program to be eligible for filing SINP (SINP is the provincial nominee program of Saskatchewan).

British Columbia: You will need to opt for 2 years Post Graduate Diplomas to be eligible for 3 years work permit and file PNP. You will be able to find few colleges which have low tuition fee in British Columbia.

Alberta: The PNP was one of the most popular here but recently there's a change in the processing times and now it takes 25 months for PNP file to process. This makes it not a good choice anymore.

This is not the complete list of updates. So, I will suggest you to get more updates and take an informed decision.

Aami333

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
scylla said:
It's difficult to answer your question because it depends on the province you are in and if you are able to find a job after you finish your studies. To apply for PR through CEC, you need one full year of work experience after you finish your studies. If you only have a one year PGWP it tends to be pretty difficult to get one full year of work experience. A 2-3 year PGWP is much better. If you complete a Masters in certain provinces (such as Ontario), you can apply for PR after you finish your studies. You'll need to familiarize yourself with Canada's immigration programs to make the best choice.
Ryan1981 said:
Some updates for you on Provincial Nominee Programs which will help you make an informed decision.

Saskatchewan: The province is one of the easiest places to get PR. You can even opt for 1 year program to be eligible for filing SINP (SINP is the provincial nominee program of Saskatchewan).

British Columbia: You will need to opt for 2 years Post Graduate Diplomas to be eligible for 3 years work permit and file PNP. You will be able to find few colleges which have low tuition fee in British Columbia.

Alberta: The PNP was one of the most popular here but recently there's a change in the processing times and now it takes 25 months for PNP file to process. This makes it not a good choice anymore.

This is not the complete list of updates. So, I will suggest you to get more updates and take an informed decision.
thanks to u guys for helping me. i really didnt know that a student can only apply ONCE for PGWP. in fact my Consultant told me that i can apply for Masters and then get the PGWP second time after masters... that bloody liar... :mad:

so guys, just one more thing. all in all, the 2 year PGD program or 2 years Masters program would be the most feasible option to get PR is most of the provinces. right? cause that way i can get work permit for almost 3 years and in that time i can get at least enough job experience to complete requirement of 1 year. right?