+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Thaiguy and others

cwolf241

Jul 31, 2007
Thaiguy,
I asked you about the out-country process. You said I needed to file the papers from the country where I live which is the US. I am a little confused about something. I have all of my papers filled out and all docs except my medical exam. I am getting married on Dec 22 in Montreal and will stay there until the end of May. I figure I can get my medical while I am up there. Is it ok to give my wife the papers for out-country and her send them in while I am still visiting. I am coming back to the US and have appointments and things to prove it. I also will be here for my son's graduation, so I am leaving. Can she mail in the application while I am still there for our honeymoon etc...? At least that would get things started. Then after that I can come back to visit after returning home here. Wow I hope that was clear. lol Thanks Cwolf241

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi

For an outland application it all goes to CIC Mississauga in the first instance and it absolutely does not matter where you mail it from. Remember it all goes into the one package - your wife's sponsorship papers and your permanent resident application papers.

I think Thaiguy was referring to the question about your country of residence, not where you should physically be when you apply but remember if an interview is required you'll have to go back to the US for that.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Echoing Gdaymate's remarks..

If you are sending your application to Mississauga then you need to provide a U.S. address with your application. You should also, in effect, be residing in the U.S. If you happen to be in Canada when your application is filed, that's not a problem. But make sure you aren't materially misrepresenting your case by claiming to live in the U.S. when in fact you're living in Canada.