+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

to PMM: eCAS update. What does it mean?

zezo389

Apr 19, 2010
Hello PMM:
I just checked the status, and it finally showed something. and I will paste the exact wording.
I am living in Canada and have sponsored my husband INLAND.

oh i just noticed my name is misspelled in the ecas. Is that something to worry about?

ok so here it goes:

sponsorship application status: decision made.
permanent residence application status: In process

UNDER SPONSORSHIP app status:
We received your application to sponsor x on October 8, 2009.

We started processing your application on May 14, 2010.

We sent you a letter on May 14, 2010 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

UNDER PERMANENT app status:

We received x's application for permanent residence on October 8, 2009.

We started processing x's application on November 26, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and x will be contacted.

THANKS PMM.. i'm so curious and really excited and yet worried at same time that it might mean something bad.

Can you please clarify what this means. If you can not, then that is okay and I will wait until I hear back via mail.

Appreciate any help from others as well.

Zezo

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks good and I do believe you will be receiving First Stage Approval soon.

I would contact CIC about your name being misspelled though. If not, they will print it as such on your PR card.

Good luck and I think you will be receiving good news in the mail very soon. :) Keep us posted.

I

iarblue

If you are the sponsor your name does not go on his PR card so wait till his passport request comes and it is coming that is what they mean by decision made. Well its either passport request or refusal but lets just say passport request,when he gets this send in the passport via courier they will stamp it and return it with the visa then once that comes pack bags and head for the airport,if he is here already pack a daybag make an appointment at CIC for landing.
Once he has landed then call CIC and tell them that your name has been misssplelled but i wouldnt worry it was just likely a finger error when they were typing.Be cool your almost done.a letter should arrive 1 to 2 weeks for passport request.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

iarblue said:
If you are the sponsor your name does not go on his PR card so wait till his passport request comes and it is coming that is what they mean by decision made. Well its either passport request or refusal but lets just say passport request,when he gets this send in the passport via courier they will stamp it and return it with the visa then once that comes pack bags and head for the airport,if he is here already pack a daybag make an appointment at CIC for landing.
Once he has landed then call CIC and tell them that your name has been misssplelled but i wouldnt worry it was just likely a finger error when they were typing.Be cool your almost done.a letter should arrive 1 to 2 weeks for passport request.
The OP is sponsoring her spouse "in-land" the application will be referred from Vegreville to nearest CIC where they live in Canada. The letter will state either that her spouse has been given first level approval and that a work permit (if requested) is being issued and the local CIC will contact them to finalize the application. If the application is referred to the local CIC without first level approval, no work permit will be issued, and the local CIC will want to interview them both usually on the bona fides of the marriage, if there is criminality or the applicant was out of status or made a refugee claim. If it is referred to Etobicoke, Mississauga, or Calgary without Approval in Principle, then they are in for a long wait for an interview.

zezo389

Apr 19, 2010
hello, Just wanted to give an update:

I received the letters today. And my husband received the work permit. However, he has been asked to provide digital fingerprints from here (canada) to send to the RCMP.

Not sure what happens in the rest of the process.. But I think this means he has been approved in principle.

Very happy!

Thanks for ALLL YOURR HELP/ feedback!

I

iarblue

Well his prints will go to the RCMP for verification,of name,then the results sent to the CIC then next who knows,they will post more on ecas.But your doing fine.be patient.