+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Land or Not To Land, Will be travelling before the PRC arrives

throwaway76

Jul 28, 2018
I am in a bit of limbo and I know I am not the first one, I could only find threads about how to travel while waiting for PR card. I am an inland FSW applicant with the passports stamped with single entry immigrant visa and have the unsigned CoPR document with my picture on it. I just need to complete my landing and I will be good to get my PR card in 62 days + mailing time.

However I still have not received appointment from my local (Calgary) CIC office. I can go to coutts and flagpole tomorrow morning, but I have a trip planned to the US, so I'll be leaving from Port of Vancouver on Sept 29. This gives me exactly 63 days, between Jul 28 and Sep 28. It could get really tight and the PR card might not reach me in time for my travel.

I am unable to decide, what will be best for me:
Option 1: Flagpole tomorrow and hope the PRC reaches me before September 29. If it does not reach me, I drive to the land border and get through.
Option 2: Deny the landing appointment and not do the flagpole, instead go through the landing process when I return from the US in October.

My TRV expired in March this year, but I have the single entry PR-Visa counterfoil on my passport will that allow me to board the flight from the US?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I am in a bit of limbo and I know I am not the first one, I could only find threads about how to travel while waiting for PR card. I am an inland FSW applicant with the passports stamped with single entry immigrant visa and have the unsigned CoPR document with my picture on it. I just need to complete my landing and I will be good to get my PR card in 62 days + mailing time.

However I still have not received appointment from my local (Calgary) CIC office. I can go to coutts and flagpole tomorrow morning, but I have a trip planned to the US, so I'll be leaving from Port of Vancouver on Sept 29. This gives me exactly 63 days, between Jul 28 and Sep 28. It could get really tight and the PR card might not reach me in time for my travel.

I am unable to decide, what will be best for me:
Option 1: Flagpole tomorrow and hope the PRC reaches me before September 29. If it does not reach me, I drive to the land border and get through.
Option 2: Deny the landing appointment and not do the flagpole, instead go through the landing process when I return from the US in October.

My TRV expired in March this year, but I have the single entry PR-Visa counterfoil on my passport will that allow me to board the flight from the US?
1. Option 2 is your best bet.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Yes the visa counterfoil will allow you to board a flight to Canada from anywhere including the US.

I would also add that flag poling at land crossings is frowned upon by CBP and could be risky as you may get an administrative denial for not having a valid reason to come to the US other than flag poling.

So it is better to just have a normal trip and have the landing process done on the way back as a bonus.