+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

to apply for work permit at the port of entry

BranislavSr

Jul 4, 2009
I’ve been working in Canada for one year. My work permit expires in July 9th. Normally I would apply for an extension of my work permit from within Canada. However, I need to leave Canada from July 10th to July 30th to my country. According to the Citizenship and Immigration web page if I leave temporarily and work permit has not been renewed before I re-enter Canada, I will have to re-apply (either at the port of entry if I have the right to do so or at a visa office outside Canada).

I would like to know if I have the right to apply for my work permit at the port of entry. I am from temporary resident visa exempt country (Slovakia) and have an employment contract and a new LMO issued.

Thanks a lot for response guys.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can apply on entry. Bring your employment contract, LMO and $150

BranislavSr

Jul 4, 2009
Thank you for reply Leon! I'm really glad that I will be able to to apply for work permit this way.

For people who are in the same situation as me I have just found some basic information here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp#enter

I'm not shure if I also need to fill out some application form or to bring other documents with my contract and LMO...