+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timing of Police Clearance Certificate from India When Currently Living in the US

elbee12345

Sep 16, 2022
I am an Express Entry candidate (not yet received an ITA). I have a question about whether I am interpreting the language around timing of police clearance certificates correctly.

TLDR: can the submitted police clearance certificate from a country other than my current country of residence be issued before a short visit (<1 month) to the other country?
More detailed explanation:
  • The country I currently live in is the US (been there since Aug 2017) -> I understand I will need a police clearance certificate from the US issued within the last 6 months at the time of responding to the ITA.
  • Before Aug 2017, the only other country I ever lived in is India.
  • From Aug 2017 to now (Sep 2022), I have only had several short visits to India (short visit defined as <1 month duration), and have not lived in India for 6 months or more in a row.
  • I expect this pattern of short visits to India to continue in an erratic manner, but I do not at any time in the near future expect to live in India for 6 months or more in a row.
Is it fine if I get the police clearance certificate now (Sep 2022), even if I plan to make more short visits to India in the future (eg. Dec 2022, May 2023 etc). ? I ask because the language on the IRCC website says that the PCC from a country other than my country of residence only needs to be issued after the last time I stayed there for 6 months or more in a row. The last time I stayed in India for 6 months in a row was from March-Aug 2017.

Thanks!