+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

timeline work permit application-Manila

waitingWP

Sep 29, 2008
Hi:
My husband is still waiting for his work permit application results from the Manila Embassy and we would like to know if there's anybody here who can tell me the current timeline of applications. We submitted it on late November 2008, and our medical results were already received Feb 23. Should it take long before we hear back from them? By the way, I am also applying for an open work permit, do you think that will delay the processing?And one last note,I am also a little worried since my medical results were sent to Ottawa instead of Manila. I have done my medicals in Los Angeles. My husband has no problem though since his medical results were sent directly to Manila.

I am hoping to hear back from y'all regarding your timeline.thanks.ciao!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

waitingWP said:
Hi:
My husband is still waiting for his work permit application results from the Manila Embassy and we would like to know if there's anybody here who can tell me the current timeline of applications. We submitted it on late November 2008, and our medical results were already received Feb 23. Should it take long before we hear back from them? By the way, I am also applying for an open work permit, do you think that will delay the processing?And one last note,I am also a little worried since my medical results were sent to Ottawa instead of Manila. I have done my medicals in Los Angeles. My husband has no problem though since his medical results were sent directly to Manila.

I am hoping to hear back from y'all regarding your timeline.thanks.ciao!
From the Manila site:

Temporary Work Permit

As of the updating of this message, processing time was approximately 12 weeks.

Please note that processing times quoted are accurate at the time of publishing. It is an average range and individual case processing times may be longer due to medical follow-up, missing, incomplete or inaccurate documentation or if an interview is required. You are asked to refrain from making any representations on a case until at least 6 months have passed since the application was received by our office.

PMM

SF

Sep 23, 2012
Hi there I submitted the application for my caregiver to Philippines. These are the following timeline :

March 2011- Release of Positive LMO
Feb 22,2012 - Speak Test
March 9,2012 - Medical Test
March 12, 2012 - Notarized Letter from Canada
March 13,2012 - Application submitted

I sponsor a caregiver for my mom, i email the Philippine immigration with change address and try to process my application but no REPLY. I really need my caregiver since my mom is very very old and she just fell from the stairs. I don't know why the processing takes forever in Philippines. I'm so worried with my mom and have to stay most of my time at home (instead of my caregiver). I tried calling the CIC for this but the line is so busy. The delay of my caregiver affects alot in my life and my mom.... I hope there will be someone who can help me reach out the immigration by giving me a phone number in Philippines. I don't know what to expect now. Please help me. Thank you so much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SF said:
Hi there I submitted the application for my caregiver to Philippines. These are the following timeline :

Feb 22,2012 - Speak Test

I sponsor a caregiver for my mom, i email the Philippine immigration with change address and try to process my application but no REPLY. I really need my caregiver since my mom is very very old and she just fell from the stairs. I don't know why the processing takes forever in Philippines. I'm so worried with my mom and have to stay most of my time at home (instead of my caregiver). I tried calling the CIC for this but the line is so busy. The delay of my caregiver affects alot in my life and my mom.... I hope there will be someone who can help me reach out the immigration by giving me a phone number in Philippines. I don't know what to expect now. Please help me. Thank you so much.
The processing time for LCPs is 20 months at Manila. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/TR_processing_times-TR_delais_traitement.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
It is unlikely even if you get in touch with Manila, that they expedite the work permit.

Kyberxs27

Star Member
Dec 8, 2011
Montreal, Quebec Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SF said:

Feb 22,2012 - Speak Test

Hi SF,
what date did your Caregiver submitted her completed application to CEM?
thanks!

makx

Oct 8, 2012
hi anyone can help me to answer my questions? I have already send my complete application and documents on canadian embassy in manila.. I'am a direct hire as Room Attendant in Holiday Inn. I just want to know how long did Canadian Embassy will respond on my application if it is denied or approved... I'm here in Philippines and its my 1st time to apply for a working visa.