+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline: Need Help

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
I am really, really confused. I am hoping experts here will be able to help me with several of my predicaments.

I received an ETA for the Feb 7 draw. I now have around 30 days left to submit my application. I have collected all my documents and now I am ready to apply.

I am not in a hurry to apply. The reasons why I have delayed applying is as follows:

Problem (1): Currently, I am doing my Masters in the United States. I will only be graduating in May of next year (May 30, 2019). So I can only move to Canada permanently after graduation i.e after June 2019. I want to move to Canada after I graduate from my Masters in the United States because I want to get this degree I have worked so hard for.

Question: How much time does CIC give to someone to enter Canada as a landed immigrant after the passport is stamped with the immigrant visa? 6 months? 1 month? 1 year? If I submit everything within a month and get approval, say, after six months (October 2018), how much time do I have to enter as a landed immigrant to Canada before my visa expires? Can I land in Canada as a landed immigrant, get my PR card and move back to the US to complete my studies immediately?

Problem (2): My final exams end on the 9th of May. My last day to file my application is 5th of May. So, I am in a bit of a tight spot. My CIC approved panel physician is 3 hours drive away. I do not have the time between now and the final exams to conduct my medical exam because my program is really tough.

Question: Can I do my medical exam after I submit my application and receive my AOR? Or do I have to do the medicals before submitting my application? If I can do my medicals after receiving the AOR, how much time does CIC give me to get my medicals done?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Supernova.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Usually you will be given until your medical expiry date to finish the landing process (medicals are valid for a year). You can certainly do a soft landing but PR cards aren't issued right away (last time I checked they were taking 6 to 8 weeks)

2 - If you're willing to take the risk you can submit a LOE stating the situation along with your appointment date.

Reactions: Supernova

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
1 - Usually you will be given until your medical expiry date to finish the landing process (medicals are valid for a year). You can certainly do a soft landing but PR cards aren't issued right away (last time I checked they were taking 6 to 8 weeks)

2 - If you're willing to take the risk you can submit a LOE stating the situation along with your appointment date.
DelPiero,

Thank you for your reply.

So that means the medical report will have to be uploaded along with the other documents before receiving the AOR then. Will the medical report I need to upload be issued right away after a visit to the doctor?

My wife will be staying behind in Canada going to school while I come back to the United States to complete my studies. So, I suppose I have both of our PR cards mailed to her?

Thank you again for your reply.
:)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes, you will get the e-medical sheet that you need to upload after finishing your medicals.
2 - Yes, you can provide the address where your spouse is residing in Canada.

Reactions: Supernova

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Will I receive the e-medical sheet right after the medical examination is completed? Or do I have to wait for it?

That really clarifies things. Thank you!