+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline after paying Right for Permanant Residancy fee - IMM5401

corrysgirl

Feb 19, 2010
I am applying for Permanent Residence as out of country thru Buffalo. Ive sent in my IMM5401 fee into Mississauga. Does anyone have any idea how long I can expect to wait before I get my notice to go to the border for Landing?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

corrysgirl said:
I am applying for Permanent Residence as out of country thru Buffalo. Ive sent in my IMM5401 fee into Mississauga. Does anyone have any idea how long I can expect to wait before I get my notice to go to the border for Landing?
1. What category did you apply? It must have been an out of Canada spousal if you send the payment to Mississauga. What fee did you pay? Right of Permanent Residence Fee or application fee?
2. If it is a sponsorship, then Buffalo you will request that send your passport to insert the visa. Once you have the visa in your passport you either go to a Border Point for "landing" or phone the Call Centre and make an appt. at an inland CIC.
3. The processing times for Buffalo are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

PMM

corrysgirl

Feb 19, 2010
It was out of Canada spousal. My Husband is Canadian. I aman American here on a 1 year visitors visa. It was the Right of Permanent Residance Fee. I understand that I have to go to the border for Landing but I have to wait until I receive instructions to do so. I sent in the PR fee to Mississauga about 2 weeks ago. Im just wondering how long it takes to process that fee and get the notice to go to the border for Landing.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

corrysgirl said:
It was out of Canada spousal. My Husband is Canadian. I aman American here on a 1 year visitors visa. It was the Right of Permanent Residance Fee. I understand that I have to go to the border for Landing but I have to wait until I receive instructions to do so. I sent in the PR fee to Mississauga about 2 weeks ago. Im just wondering how long it takes to process that fee and get the notice to go to the border for Landing.
Buffalo will send you a letter to submit your passport to them. Once the passport is returned, takes about a month. Then you can go to the border anytime you wish to be "landed" Check Trackitt for processing times. http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

pMM

corrysgirl

Feb 19, 2010
Yes but I can also GO to Buffalo and give my passport. After a few hours I will get my passport back along with my paperwork and can go to the border coming back into Canada and land. My question is How long after paying the fee should I get the letter? I understand the process. I just want a timeline.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

corrysgirl said:
Yes but I can also GO to Buffalo and give my passport. After a few hours I will get my passport back along with my paperwork and can go to the border coming back into Canada and land. My question is How long after paying the fee should I get the letter? I understand the process. I just want a timeline.
No one has the same time line, unless they are twins, always lived at the same address, worked at the same jobs, went to the same schools. As I said before check trackitt and it will give you an idea how long.

PMM