+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line/work permit

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
hello All,
I have two questions:

Q.1). I joined my husband in June 2008 and entered as a visitor. then I applied for my PR under the spousal category from within Canada (in-land)to CIC Veg. I also submit my request for extension in visitor status to keep my status maintained and got a year long extenssion till Dec 2009.the details of PR case is as follows.

Details:
CIC-Veg received file in Sep 2008.
CIC-Veg started processing in Oct 2008.
CIC-Veg transferred file to local office Calgary in March10 2009.
CIC Calgary- No News yet,

Can anyone please provide any info how long will it take to get my PR or any news from the local office?or what steps will be involved further.
Q.2). If it is taking long at CIC local office,is there any possibility to apply/or get a work authorization/permit before my case is decided.if yes,what could be the the best way to get a work permit.
thanks and waiting for your valuable suggestions

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If Vegreville sent your file to the Calgary office without first stage approval, it means they found something questionable about your application. Without first stage approval, you can't get the open work permit. Suppose you could try to get a labour market opinion and a regular temporary work permit but in this economy, they've all but stopped issuing LMO's and they probably will not give you a temporary work permit anyway because you can't exactly say you are planning to leave when it expires.

You have to ask the Calgary office how long it takes for them to look at your file. I know the Edmonton office doesn't have a phone number, you have to actually go there so the Calgary office might be the same.