+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time frame

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Hello,
2 questions;

1)Just wondering how long does it take to receive the medical forms from Buffalo after receiving the acknowledgement/File number letter?

2)Also, Can the medical be done from anywhere in the world? I am in Canada and have applied thru the CEC but will soon be vacationing for a month or two, can i get my medical done outside canada during my vacation? pls advice

thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanabecanadian said:
Hello,
2 questions;

1)Just wondering how long does it take to receive the medical forms from Buffalo after receiving the acknowledgement/File number letter?

2)Also, Can the medical be done from anywhere in the world? I am in Canada and have applied thru the CEC but will soon be vacationing for a month or two, can i get my medical done outside canada during my vacation? pls advice

thanks
The DMP medical normally costs less in Canada :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
wanabecanadian said:

After receiving the AOR, lately it has been taking anywhere from 6 months to a year or more.

You can have it done anywhere you can find a Designated Medical Practitioner.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Thanks for the reply jes_ON and Baloo..

so this rises another concern, if it takes anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to get the medical forms AFTER receiving the acknowledgment letter, would it be advisable to just go to a designated doctor and get the medical done? Talked to one designated medical doctor and i was told normally they do have the forms they could use to get my medicals done.. all i need to give them is my file number, case-id number and 3 passport photos.. what do guys think? Should i get medical out of the way right away or wait until i get the medical forms?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ye olde "medicals in advance" question. If you search this forum you will see this has been discussed many times...

1) Officially, no, you are not supposed to do medicals until requested by CIC.
2) Some people do, anyway. If you do this, you must understand that by not following the rules, CIC has every right to reject them; so far, it seems they haven't, but doesn't mean it won't change.
3) Medical exams are only valid for 1 year, and they have to be valid at time of landing. If you do it too soon, it could expire and you would have to do it again.

You don't say when you applied or if you have your file number yet, but unless you have a VERY good reason for wanting to do it in advance, I'd suggest waiting until you get the request.