+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thrown for a Loop

jpcare

Oct 25, 2008
Hello everyone.
My Filipino girlfriend is just about ready to submit her TRV forms to the Cdn Embassy, but I've hit a slight snag. I know the TRV forms are available at both the CIC & Cdn Embassy websites. She's filled out the 3 page forms from the CIC site but when I visit the Embassy website I noticed the pdf toolbar says 1-5 pages, when I notice in the top right corner of the forms page 1 of 3. Is she supposed to fill out 3 pages or 5 pages? She filled out the forms to visit Canada in March of this year until May. I'd hate for her to change the dates on the forms after talking to her supervisors and getting the time off. I feel like any person coming to a new country, confused and wanting to make sure everything is filled out correctly, processing fees etc. I've sent her information in the past highlighted to make sure she understands everything. I was going to email the Cdn Embassy in Manila this morning but I thought I'd get a quicker response here, before I switch into panic mode and start losing sleep over this.

Thanks

unplugged

Jan 16, 2009
You need to fill up as much information as possible. The more the merrier!
The more details the better your odds.

jpcare

Oct 25, 2008
Thanks for the reply.
I'll be sending her the rest of the visa forms today via courier. I was going to use the same courier but they've changed international deliveries to ups, and they prefer complete addresses. Dhl had no problems making the delivery back in November, I'll see what Fedex can do for me if not I'll have to think of other options. I browsed the CIC website and visited other embassies in other countries curious about visa forms etc, and its pretty much similar all over. I"m still frustrated that the CIC website isn't the same as the Cdn Embassy in Manila with the right information for everyone, but I decided to go by what the embassy says.