+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thinking of applying for Canada tourism visa from London

blacknancy

Jun 27, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I am a Nigerian living in the UK for the past 5 years with a work permit, I got 3 children who lives with me and school in the UK but my husband lives and work in Nigeria. I am thinking of taking the kids for an holiday in Canada during the school break that starts on the 3rd of July. I work myself and I rented the 3 bedroom house we r living, got financial back up like credit cards, etc. My question are as follow:
1. What are the chances of my kids and I obtaining the tourism visa without knowing anyone in Canada as I plan to book hotel for our 2-weeks visit.
2. Like how much do I need to show for the 3 kids and myself for the 2-weeks visit even though we might not use up to that in Canada.
3. What are the most definite documents to includes in the application as am planning to collect letter from each one of my kids from their school Head respectively, letter from my employer as well, tenancy agreement of the 3 bedroom house we r living, bank statement?
4.what other ties do I need to establish to have a successful application please?
5. Do you think my husband not living in the UK will affect our chances of obtaining the visa from London?
6.As regards my bank statement, am thinking of requesting for a bank letter stating my total amount of money at hand on the day of the letter request other than bank statement that shows how the money paid as I do not want the Visa Officer to know I borrow some money to join my personal money in the bank, IS THIS ADVISABLE TO USE BANK LETTER INSTEAD OF BANK STATEMENT PLEASE?
7. Please what other factor can you advise me to assemble before submitting our application
8. Do you think my children and I have enough ties in the UK to obtain Canada visit visa despite having just 1 year remaining to obtain indefinite leave in the UK?

Thank you as you advise.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
blacknancy said:
Hi Everyone,
I am a Nigerian living in the UK for the past 5 years with a work permit, I got 3 children who lives with me and school in the UK but my husband lives and work in Nigeria. I am thinking of taking the kids for an holiday in Canada during the school break that starts on the 3rd of July. I work myself and I rented the 3 bedroom house we r living, got financial back up like credit cards, etc.
For July 2rd you are quite late.... nonetheless you can try. Usually it is recommended to apply 2 months in advance.

blacknancy said:
1. What are the chances of my kids and I obtaining the tourism visa without knowing anyone in Canada as I plan to book hotel for our 2-weeks visit.
Depends on you, not on them. If you have a solid situation home and show you will only visit the chances are good.

blacknancy said:
2. Like how much do I need to show for the 3 kids and myself for the 2-weeks visit even though we might not use up to that in Canada.
1 000 CAN per person per week after accommodations is normal.

blacknancy said:
3. What are the most definite documents to includes in the application as am planning to collect letter from each one of my kids from their school Head respectively, letter from my employer as well, tenancy agreement of the 3 bedroom house we r living, bank statement?
yup, those are good.

blacknancy said:
4.what other ties do I need to establish to have a successful application please?
Depends on you, only you know what you can show and your specifics.

blacknancy said:
5. Do you think my husband not living in the UK will affect our chances of obtaining the visa from London?
No as long as you can show you will be back to the UK.

blacknancy said:
6.As regards my bank statement, am thinking of requesting for a bank letter stating my total amount of money at hand on the day of the letter request other than bank statement that shows how the money paid as I do not want the Visa Officer to know I borrow some money to join my personal money in the bank, IS THIS ADVISABLE TO USE BANK LETTER INSTEAD OF BANK STATEMENT PLEASE?
No. At least 3 months of bank statements showing fund availability is expected. If large amounts of money appear they should be fully explained.

blacknancy said:
7. Please what other factor can you advise me to assemble before submitting our application
You will need a letter from the father that authorizes for any minors travelling with you. Please read more on travelling alone with children.

blacknancy said:
8. Do you think my children and I have enough ties in the UK to obtain Canada visit visa despite having just 1 year remaining to obtain indefinite leave in the UK?
Maybe, depends on your specifics.

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blacknancy said:
Hi Everyone,
I am a Nigerian living in the UK for the past 5 years with a work permit, I got 3 children who lives with me and school in the UK but my husband lives and work in Nigeria. I am thinking of taking the kids for an holiday in Canada during the school break that starts on the 3rd of July. I work myself and I rented the 3 bedroom house we r living, got financial back up like credit cards, etc. My question are as follow:

Thank you as you advise.
Hi,

have you applied for TRV yet?

I'm still waiting. Applied on the 25th May, biometrics given 8th, account updated on 9th, still no reply :(